Friday, August 20, 2010

How to wirelessly connect to the internet through another computer?

I want to use my wireless laptop (Windows Vista Home Premium) and connect it to my desktop computer (Windows XP Pro) with a Ethernet cord. I want to be able to connect to the internet on my desktop computer using the wireless signal coming off of my laptop. Is this possible and if so how do I?How to wirelessly connect to the internet through another computer?
OK HERE WE GO:





First you need a hub. Get one.


Connect both your laptop and your computer into the hub.


Now that I have windows 7 I have to base this off of my memory ;)





On your laptop,


Click Start, and then click Control Panel.


Click Network and Internet Connections.


Click Network Connections.


Right-click the connection that you use to connect to the Internet. [(((Your Router)))]


Click Properties.


Click the Advanced tab.


Under Internet Connection Sharing, select the Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet connection check box.


Reboot and it SHOULD WORK. PM me if you have any problems.How to wirelessly connect to the internet through another computer?
Yes, it is possible.





On your laptop, just right click on the network symbol(the two computers with a globe), and click connect to a network. Then, find the one you are already connected to, right click it, then click status. After that, hit the Properties button with a shield next to it. Then, just go to the sharing tab on that window and make sure both the boxes are checked.





Make sure to reset your computer(desktop) after that. You may need to click on the wireless connection thing again if there is a red x on it and it says connection is damaged, then just hit diagnose and repair. If it's still not working, try restarting your laptop too, but I'm not sure if you need to.

No comments:

Post a Comment