Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How do you connect your desktop to the internet via a wireless connected laptop?

I have a laptop with a wireless network card and a ethernet card. I access internet through a wireless access point. Now I want to connect my brother's desktop to the internet through my laptop. What should I do?


Thanks in advance.How do you connect your desktop to the internet via a wireless connected laptop?
Enable Internet Connection Sharing on your laptop. If you are using Windows XP, there is an article from microsoft for creating this network.





Go through the link below....


http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306126





good luck.How do you connect your desktop to the internet via a wireless connected laptop?
more info plz, what OS ?does he have remote access turned on? is the router open access or key protected? you need to provide more info if you want people to help you,
Go to the my computer %26gt;%26gt; My network place%26gt;%26gt; View network connection.


right click on the wireless tab,


click on properties


Change the TCP/IP address


first tree number must be same but change last ip address different from another PC.


also you have to share you laptop wireless connection to other.

No comments:

Post a Comment