Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How do I connect a receiver with a white and yellow connector to my IPOD?

I have a receiver that was purchased for about a grand to connect our home's 32 built in speakers. It has a white and yellow connectors used now to connect to our cd player. I've purchased IPOD cords that are supposed to connect IPODS to stereo systems, but they don't work. Any suggestions?How do I connect a receiver with a white and yellow connector to my IPOD?
Yellow is typically used for video although the cables are the same as stereo line level cables. I think if you unplugged that cable you will see that the receiver has a red and a white jack. White is for left audio and Red is for right audio. The cord you need goes from a headphone plug which is an 1/8'; stereo male plug to two male RCA's, one white and one red. This should plug into the input on your receiver just like the CD player does. Adjust the volume on your iPod to about 1/3 the way up and it should work just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment