Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How to sleep my computer with networking on?

I have a laptop that has wifi and i use it to play on xbox live. I connect my xbox to the ethernet port on my laptop, and i can play online, but my laptop has to be on and when I put it on sleep it disconnects from wifi. How can I leave networking on and sleep my computer, or is there another option similar to sleep?


Using Windows VistaHow to sleep my computer with networking on?
It's not possible.





You need the CPU and RAM active to perform your routing and NAT traffic.





Why not change your power profile to ';do nothing'; when the lid closes, and then you can just close the laptop, while leaving it on? It's not going to use but 15-20watts maximum. Less than a light bulb.How to sleep my computer with networking on?
make sure your pc support this function
i don't think that that is possible since the computer will turn everything off


to safe power and most likely you're away too





you can turn that off too because sleep mode isn't really neccesary well it saves power but what else?


just a black screen? haha





just put everything on low power except your wifi that will do it (if you want to safe power)


just change it in ';power options'; if you use windows... then click ';change plan settings'; and then click ';change advanced power settings'; i hope this helped you out

No comments:

Post a Comment