Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How do I connect my Playstation 3 to my laptop to use its monitor as a display?

I am considering buying a new laptop with a TV tuner card which will allow me to connect my Playstation 3 to it and use the monitor as a TV.





What will actually be connected to my laptop (cable wise)? From my understanding, all I need is the HDMI cable from my PS3 to the laptop and it will provide the sound and video. I am probably wrong though.How do I connect my Playstation 3 to my laptop to use its monitor as a display?
First of all, you won't get your PS3 connected directly to the laptop screen. Not even with a HDMI plug.


All Laptop screens are already hardwired to the framebuffer of the graphics chip. So you will never get a high definition picture on your laptop.





You can however buy a USB TV adapter with a video-in plug and use your laptop as a standard TV replacement.





Most Hauppauge USB products are suitable for this.





But there is no way to get a HDMI plug and high definition graphics from the PS3 to your laptop. You connect the PS3 with the composite (the yellow) video cable to the video-in plug of the TV adapter, and depending on the model you connect the red and white audio cables from the PS3 to the TV plug as well or the line-in plug of your laptops soundcard. Both need probably an adapter to convert the 2 RCA plugs to a normal 3.5mm jack.How do I connect my Playstation 3 to my laptop to use its monitor as a display?
you still need an adaptor
tv tuner need window for working, you can't use it like regular monitor. you are going to use regular video input. some laptob come with HDMI output(to conect it with a tv), i don't think laptops came with HDMI input now

No comments:

Post a Comment