Friday, August 20, 2010

How does my laptop connect to the internet?

I do not have a service provider on my laptop, I just connect to my wireless network. My main computer uses AOL, however my laptop does not connect with AOL at all. Just wondering whether my connection is safe?How does my laptop connect to the internet?
You are connecting through AOL, using the wireless capabilities of the router, However, you are not using the AOL interface, (which is no bad thing IMHO).


you can still sign in to AOL if you wish, by typing their URL in the address bar of your browser.How does my laptop connect to the internet?
I'm 12 (yes) and i know quite a bit about computers/laptops....i would say have you got a PC with a wireless router, if not, then this is no help what so ever. if you do, then listen up...get your Internet keycode for your wireless router, and then on your laptop search for wireless connections, till you find your router, then click it, it will ask for a keycode, type that in, and VOILA...WIRELESS INTERNET!!!!
As sxpr08 says, you're connecting through your router presumably which deals with the actual your-house-to-AOL connection.





A connection is never ';safe';, but being behind a router does give you some ';protection'; (so long as it's your own wireless connection and not next doors that's unprotected!) thanks to the different IP addresses and such, or so I've heard....





If you're running an version of Windows, it's still worth keeping you Laptop up to date with the latest anti-virus, firewall software and updates from Microsoft.





You can kit your PC out 100% LEGALLY for free. See this site: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shoppin鈥?/a>





There's also a ';techie'; board on the forum incase you don't get the answer you want here. Registration is also free for that Forum too! http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/foru鈥?/a>





Safe surfing!
Buy a cable then connect that way mate or turn your wifi on then do a search mate ok.
You might have a virus. both my comp and laptop rely on LAN.


Maybe you have someone within your range using modem interfering with your own.
If you can't connect to the Internet, that's what we refer to as an 'air gap firewall'. It's very safe.
  • long hair styles
  • Fish
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment