Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How do i connect my wii to the internet using a wirless thing?

I have a wirless and wired modem downstairs and i want to connect it to my wii. It is connected to the PC which has vista.


Do i need to download something so it is compatable with vista?


Do i need to buy the Nintendo WI-Fi connecter?





I've pluged in a wireless USB port to my WII but my connection modem doesn' show it shows other ones but not mine.


What do I do?How do i connect my wii to the internet using a wirless thing?
You have to configure it through the Wii, not the Modem. Pull up the Main Screen on the Wii (the ';channel'; screen), click settings in the lower left hand corner, go to internet, find access point, wireless, and search. If your wireless modem is set up correctly, you should be able to find it. It will show up as one of the options on your Wii and click on it. Put in a password (only if the Wii tells you to, then you need the passcode you assigned the day you set up the modem).


The Wii comes with a built in wireless converter (unlike the Xbox 360) which is a big help. It is my understanding that unless the wireless power on you modem is weak, you shouldn't need any add-ons. I didn't, and it worked fine.How do i connect my wii to the internet using a wirless thing?
Well, you got everything set up right I'm hoping. Well first you need to go into your Wii menu and go to settings to where it has like the menu bar with 4 options and you''ll need to go to the next where it has Wii System Update, you'll need to do the Wii System Update. Before or after I don't remember you'll need to test your settings with WiiConnect24 so you'll have to do that, if connected then it'll work. Make sure your update works but it will take about an hour so prepare for that hour.
wtf is wrong with u? take the wirless thing out of ur wii! the wii picks up internet wi-fi on its own



I can only speak for my Wii which I purchased in the United States, but it is my understanding that all Wiis have a wireless adapter built in.





They need to talk to a wireless network in your home, which means you need a wireless router. If you have a wireless router, your Wii will recognize it. You can get to that up in System.





You say you have a wireless and wired modem downstairs. You need to make sure it is in fact a wireless router and not a modem. The modem is most likely a separate device.





I suggest taking your Wii as close to the wireless router as possible during the initial setup and then see how far you can get.





Finally, your Vista box has nothing to do with this.
Well, you need to get a router or the Nintendo USB connector.They both work but the router will most likely have more range and better service. So what you have to do is get a router get it installed then go on your wii.Go to the wii settings and go to internet and search for an access point.Then find your routers display name and then your wii will do a connection test.If it comes up as error record the error and either message me it or call the Nintendo Customer Service. If i haven't answered your question to the best you think i can please contact me and ill try to help.
it's very simple. just buy a Nintendo Wi-fi USB Connecter ($30) then put it in your computer.get on your wii go to options and internet go to connection 1, and you can probably figure the rest out ;)
  • long hair styles
  • loans uk
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment