Friday, August 20, 2010

How can i get my airport to connect automatically to the appropriate network?

I am using a macbook pro with all of the latest updates to leopard. Every time I am at school it always connects to the dummy network for non-students. The network for students is hidden.





I have put it at the top of my preferred networks, but it always connects to the non-hidden network I don't want to connect to.How can i get my airport to connect automatically to the appropriate network?
Airport is really wacky. What you are doing is correct, however go into the listing for your preferred networks and make sure you remove the non-student network from the list. Select the network to remove and hit the minus sign to remove it from the list. Then, if Airport cant find your preferred network it will prompt you with a message telling you that it cant find any of your preferred networks and ask you if you want to use a different network.





Note: If you hit yes, it will add it to the list so you have to go back in and remove it if you dont want it there by default.





Airport has had issues since OSX 10.5 came out that they have not yet resolved, network issues like yours are only one of them...





Have you dealt with the dropped connection bug yet?How can i get my airport to connect automatically to the appropriate network?
macbook pro...ugh!





anyway, just take the non-hidden network out of the list and ensure you have the student network details entered correctly (SSID and key)
  • long hair styles
  • Fish
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment