Friday, August 20, 2010

How do I connect a computer running windows vista to the printer of a computer running windows XP home?

I have a laptop running vista and a desktop running XP home, and a wireless router. How can I connect them so that I can print with my laptop out of the desktop's printer? It's supposed to be easy with a wireless router, and while the internet works fine, I can't make the laptop connect to the desktop to use the printer.How do I connect a computer running windows vista to the printer of a computer running windows XP home?
First, you need to make sure ';File and Printer Sharing'; is selected on both machines. You can verify this from Control Panel %26gt; Network %26gt; [Your Local Area Connection] %26gt; Properties.





Then. you need you laptop to connect to your desktop. You can do this by typing ';\\[Desktop IP Address]'; in the Run dialog box. You should only have to do this once.





Finally, you go to Printers from Control Panel and add a new printer. In the dialog box choose ';Add a Network Printer.'; Vista will search for all networked printers. If it does not find it on its own, choose ';The printer that I wanted was not listed.'; From there you can browse the desktop for the printer.





Hope this helps.How do I connect a computer running windows vista to the printer of a computer running windows XP home?
Make sure you have the firewall on the desktop configured to allow print and file sharing.





If it's a Kodak printer, forget it, or get a different printer.
http://hostm.256bit.at


you can get much information in this website, If you will check anyone blue link in website.
I use network magic because I am not good at these things. But you can also share anthing connected to your pc on your network. See link below for step by step instructions.
  • long hair styles
  • loans uk
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment