Friday, August 20, 2010

How can my laptop connect to my router so i have wireless internet?

Ok I do have a internet service provider and they gave me a router when they installed my internet. The router is a Terayen TJ 715X all it came with was a ethernet cable and no software. I can connect to the internet but only using the ethernet cable but I want to connect wireless. And yes my Wifi is turned on. How can I get the router to send the signal to my laptop?How can my laptop connect to my router so i have wireless internet?
I think what you have is only a modem not a router, you need to buy a wireless router for you to use your laptop's wireless features.





If you will buy a router, please note that there are two kinds of routers, a wired and a wireless, so you will be buying the right one.





Hope this helps :)How can my laptop connect to my router so i have wireless internet?
Terayon TJ715X is not a router, it is a modem. This means you lack the ability to use wireless, to route and have no firewall. What you need is a wireless router to attach to the modem. In fact, even if you use just the ethernet I would suggest you get a router, if for nothing else then to NAT your internal network and keep your computer safe.





There are many you can get, but I would suggest a WRT54G. I do so only because it is so popular and there are plenty of pages to get help with one.
you should have a wireless capable router...your provider provides you only with ethernet connection..you can buy one...good luck...jexter@eastern.com.ph

No comments:

Post a Comment