Friday, August 20, 2010

How do I connect a Wireless router to my modem which is already connected to my PC?

I want to connect it wireless to my ps3 and I only have one ethernet port can you tell me step by step and will it interfere with the computer online connection thanks!How do I connect a Wireless router to my modem which is already connected to my PC?
Connect the modem directly into the router, and plug a second cable from the back of the wireless router into your computer. Even cheapo routers usually have at least one port on the back other that the input jack for wired connections. If for some reason yours doesn't then get a 4-way ethernet router that would let you connect your router and your pc into this. I do this and it works just fine on both. Take the cable out of the back of your pc and hook it into the port on the router that is separated from the rest. Take a second cable (there should be one in the routers box) and plug it from the back of the router to the back of the pc.How do I connect a Wireless router to my modem which is already connected to my PC?
connect ur wireless router to the ethernet port and plug the modem into the router. itll mess with ur internet you have to turn off the computer reset the modem and turn the computer back on.
Plug the modem into the router first, then the router into the PC. Follow the Router instuctions. After the wired connection is set up, connect to the ps3 wirelessly. Read the Router instructions on setting up a wireless network.





Internet Connection Settings (wireless connection)


This setting is available only on PS3 systems that are equipped with the wireless LAN feature.


http://manuals.playstation.net/document/鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment