Monday, August 16, 2010

Connecting 360 to amp?

I have:


Xbox 360 Arcade


Amp with only RCA inputs


HDMI cable


Toslink Optical cable


Turtlebeach X1 headset





At the moment I have my xbox hooked up with the following config:


xbox --%26gt; VGA 2xRCA male --%26gt; 2xRCA female to 3.5mm male --%26gt;3.5mm extension --%26gt; 3.5mm female to female --%26gt; Turtlebeach headset





For video I have:


xbox --%26gt; VGA --%26gt; VGA extension --%26gt; monitor





soon I'm hoping to get a small hd tv and move my xbox up to my room, and then hook it up with the amp there. I need to know if HDMI is better than VGA, and if it is, how to use HDMI but still connect the audio into my amp's RCA inputs in the best way qualitywise. I have some spare optical cable which I'm not sure would be any use, so any advice on that would be appreciated too.





ThanksConnecting 360 to amp?
There are 2 ways to do this. Firstly component. That is red blue green to the TV and a digital out for the amp. That will give a HD quality picture for the TV and sound via the amp. Or get 2 HDMI cables. Get a compatable amp and connect the xbox direct to that. The second HDMI goes from amp to TV. Either will give good sound

No comments:

Post a Comment