Friday, August 20, 2010

How can I get my laptop to connect to my access point?

I have an access point that my acer laptop (with xp) can connect to just fine, but anytime one of my relatives come over and they want to use our internet, they can't connect to it. They are able to connect to the ap, but they can't get to the internet because they can't get an IP address...The SSID is hidden and there's no security on it.





What should I do?How can I get my laptop to connect to my access point?
Well, you should access your ap and configure it so that the SSID is not hidden.


It would also be a good idea if you could configure a WEP key on your ap.





Good luck :)How can I get my laptop to connect to my access point?
as long the laptop is able to recognize the wireless network of the access point , then make sure to enter the security code ( wep or wpa code ) by double clicking on the wireless network in taskbar ( or right click on it and see the menu ) and choose connect to wireless network then enter the code when prompted .





if there is no security code on your access point then the laptop wireless button either switched off , or the wireless network driver is not installed , check device manager , network adapters expand it by clicking on it to make sure its listed .

No comments:

Post a Comment